How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Gupta Your Own Question
Dr. Gupta
Dr. Gupta, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 11778
Experience:  Vastly experienced MD Physician with 19 years of experience.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Gupta is online now

I had a sore throat, which has now changed into a chest

Customer Question

I had a sore throat, which has now changed into a chest infection and I am struggling to get a prescription for antibiotics
JA: How long have you been using the antibiotics? Has it helped at all?
Customer: Not had any antibiotics yet
JA: Got it. Have you seen a doctor about sore troat?
Customer: No, cannot get an appointment
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I have PBC and am allergic to penicillin
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Gupta replied 15 days ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer. Thank you for your question. I’m Dr. Gupta and I can help you today. I'll be back in a moment with my reply!
Expert:  Dr. Gupta replied 15 days ago.

This is Dr Gupta,
Just Answer is a Professional QnA website and we do not provide prescriptions, offline consultations or notes,
In UK, If your pharmacy has a pharmacist prescriber they can do this for you. otherwise, you will have to request your GP. Some of the online telemedicine providers like push doctor ( & Lloyd's pharmacy ( & Gogodoc ( can issue a prescription and medical notes as well. You can also try "See a Doctor In Minutes" ( for an online prescription. provides prescriptions that are valid across Europe,
I am just a user like you, and I would be glad to help out in any way that I can,
In case you are looking for a refund, kindly approach Just Answer Customer Service assistance.
Here you can chat, call, or send a support request. Or you can email directly to *****@******.***
Phone support
Warm regards

Expert:  Dr. Gupta replied 14 days ago.

I am glad to be able to help out. If any part of my response is unclear, please let me know.
If you would like to ask me another question in the future, you can add me as a favorite Expert.
It’s my goal to deliver excellent service, so please let me know if there is anything more I can do. Thank you for using our site.
Warm regards