Ask a Doctor and Get an Answer to Your Medical Question ASAP
Welcome and thank you for your question.
I am Dr. Das. I am an MD with more than 20 years experience and I am happy to help you today.
I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.
How old are?
Do you have cough and sore throat?
What medicines are you on?
Do you have diabetes or high blood pressure or any other medical condition?
We can continue to text.
Please take the following steps -
- Gargle with warm saline water thrice daily.
- Suck at a hard sweet or toffee - the swallowing action causes the muscles of the throat to contract and relax , soothing the muscles..
- Take an anti-inflammatory medicine like Motrin 1 tablet thrice daily for at least 3 days.
- Use a mouthwash with Chlorhexidene.
- Apply a warm washcloth against the ear - it can can help eliminate congestion.
- Use Flonase to decrease the congestion.
You are welcome.