Dr. Das, MD
Dr. Das, MD, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, MD, with wide experience in all aspects of medical treatment, including cancer therapy.
3452947

I have tested positive for Covid since Friday last week. I

I have tested positive for Covid since Friday last week. I now have bad ulcers in my mouth and tongue and it looks like tonsilitus. Have tried to ring my doctor but can't get through. Anything I can do to help myself.
JA: How long have you had the ulcers? Do you have a cough, fever, or shortness of breath?
Customer: I had the ulcers before Covid but they are now worse. Not too bad on breathing although i have COPD
JA: The Doctor will be able to answer that. Where are you located? How widespread is COVID-19 in your area?
Customer: LOUGHBOROUGH, Leics, but it is almost impossible to reach my surgery. I usually have to stand outside until they open and book a call that way - obvously not at the moment
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: Not really - had breast cancer 5 years ago and diverticulitus 4 years ago I'm 75

Welcome and thank you for your question.

I am Dr. Das. I am an MD with more than 20 years experience and I am happy to help you today.

I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

How old are?

Do you have cough and sore throat?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
75 very sore throat
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
no sorry I'm having trouble talking

What medicines are you on?

Do you have diabetes or high blood pressure or any other medical condition?

We can continue to text.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I on ramipril and antivastatin but blood pressure not very high, just slightly

Please take the following steps -

- Gargle with warm saline water thrice daily.

- Suck at a hard sweet or toffee - the swallowing action causes the muscles of the throat to contract and relax , soothing the muscles..

- Take an anti-inflammatory medicine like Motrin 1 tablet thrice daily for at least 3 days.

- Use a mouthwash with Chlorhexidene.

- Apply a warm washcloth against the ear - it can can help eliminate congestion.

- Use Flonase to decrease the congestion.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thank you for your advice

You are welcome.