Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS
23101880

I had protected sex last tuesday and i feel like i might be

hi i had protected sex last tuesday and i feel like i might be pregnant but im not sure because i am meant to be starting my period in 3 days
JA: Apologies for the personal questions, but are you using any contraceptives? When did your last period begin?
Customer: no just used a condom and around 24th of may
JA: Got it. When was your last smear test, and what were the results? Any swelling, discoloration, or unusual smells?
Customer: this was my first time having sex after two years. so i haven't had a smear test in a while. i have been discharging like white-yellowish discharge but i was having that even before i had sex. i also did experience cramping and lower back pain on sunday.
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: no

Hi! I am Dr Saleem. Welcome to JustAnswer.
Thank you for the question. I will be answering your query shortly.

I understand your concern.

Pregnancy symptoms usually do not occur that early after sex. It may take 3-4 weeks after sex to feel first signs of pregnancy. The timing of sex and the fact that you used condom means the chances of pregnancy are negligible. You may take a test in case you miss your periods but I don't believe there's any real possibility of pregnancy in this scenario.

Please let me know if you have other, related queries. I will be happy to answer. Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
my breasts do feel slightly bigger but they feel fine like no pain
could that just be a symptom of my period coming soon?

That is most probably because of hormonal changes associated with periods and unlikley to be related to pregnancy.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
ah okay thanks for your help

My pleasure.