Dr Kay
Dr Kay, Doctor
Experience:  Expert
114883404

I had painful joints since beginning of May then some weird

I had painful joints since beginning of May then some weird bruises appeared on my lower legs and on my hands. I went to A&E on 26th May where after some testing they said I have Erythema Nodosum and I've got antibiotics, anti-inflammatory and codeine. Yesterday I had to go back to A&E, my ankles are still swollen (I'm not really able to walk for 6 weeks now) and I have new bruises.
They said I'll need to ask my GP to give me a referral for further testing, for possible Vasculitis.
I'd like to know what else I can do, I really need someone to find out what's happening to me and give me a treatment that will help.
JA: Have you used the antibiotics or anything similar before?
Customer: yes
JA: Got it. Have you used anything besides the antibiotics for this?
Customer: yes
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I have mitral valve prolapse and I'm asthmatic

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Hello Dr Kay
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I prefer chat for the moment please

Hi , Thanks for asking your question. Well, I think you should have a complete heart workup. Including Heart Echocardiogram and EKG. Moreover, liver functions and kidney functions should be checked.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
They did check my liver yester and on 26th May and the doctor said it's "ok-ish". Which is not the answer I was looking for. So shall I ask my GP for the above you just recommended?

Yes , definitely . nowadays we are saying lots of myocarditis cases possibly due to covid.

So,better to get heart check up.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Ok, I'll make a note of that. I also heard that comfrey cream could help with the bruises. I have them for more than 6 weeks now, they're different size, very tense and painful...

I think its natural formulation and there is no harm in applying it as long as there are no cuts in skin.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
No cuts at all, just the bruises. They gave me Naproxen again (250mg, 3 times a day) and I'm not sure how bad it can be for the liver.
I also got Codeine but I only take them when I can't sleep due to pain.

Yes , Paracetamol and Brufen Naproxen are all bad for liver . But I think your Liver functions are fine so no harm in continuing with those.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I also told to the A&E GP yesterday that I don't know what's connected anymore and what's not, but also lately on my tattoos some bumps appeared, but different than my bruises.
Can it be connected as well?

Were these tattoos done recently.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
No, some are a year old, some are 10+ years old

Yes, I think it should have been mentioned.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I'll also mention that to my GP. Can I actually tell the GP that I have advise from another Dr what tests should be done?

Yes, definitely what I suggested.

He is your GP so his opinion might be different from any online doctor.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Ok, so ECG, EKG, liver and kidney functions.

Yes please.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Well, I guess I can mention to him, no harm on that

Yes definitely.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Ok, thank you for your time

Most welcome. All the best.