Dr.Shakeel Ansari
Dr.Shakeel Ansari, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, Diploma clinical Neurology
111828307

I have been bleeding when I poo. On and off for about a year

I have been bleeding when I poo. On and off for about a year but I put it down to my IBS. Now it's been every day for about 2 weeks
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: No. Can't get through in the morning and only just managed to get a phone appointment booked online. But it's 2 weeks away.. I'm on HRT
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I was bulimic fot 20 years hence the IBS
Hi, this is Dr Ansari, welcome to JA.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.

Do you have the following symptoms along with the blood in the stool?

• Itching - or irritation in the Anal area
  • Discomfort - pain or soreness in the Anal region
  • Lumps - protruding from the Anal region
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
No
I thought this was nhs 111. I'm on my lunch break so a written answer will do
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
No itching or soreness. Slightl lump protruding

Please visit your GP to do an examination and evaluation for the possibility of haemorrhoids.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Well I already said I have to wait for a phone consultation 2 weeks so I feel this has wasted my time and money

Your GP may prescribe after the diagnosis some ointment like Anusol which will help you for the time being while you are waiting to be seen by a surgeon.

Hi, wish you the best of health, something bothering me is that I gave you an appropriate reply to your question and you rated me below 3 which is actually a bad rating kindly review your rating and if there is a reason kindly inform me.