Zee J
Zee J,
Experience:  Expert
113630574

I’ve developed a rash on my face over the last 6 weeks or

Hello, I’ve developed a rash on my face over the last 6 weeks or so, my GP said it was eczema and prescribed hydro cortisone for it. A week later and the condition has worsened and so I need a specialist diagnosis please
JA: How long have you been dealing with this issue? Any other skin concerns?
Customer: 6 weeks or so, no other concerns
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no

Hello and thanks for your question. I’d be pleased to assist you. Kindly answer following questions for further advice:

Age? Male or female?

Past medical history?

Any medicines using?

Smoking?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Male, I take care maze pine for a historic mild epilepsy condition, decent health, non smoker

Kindly upload pictures if possible?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
File attached (Q7LG5ZQ)

so the main rash is actually redness that comes and goes and burning or pimples???

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Redness is always there, no itching or burning at this stage, small pimples in some areas. Same rash and symptoms on either side of my nose also. This started after a holiday in the sun, if that’s of any connection?

do you have rash on the chest or other areas???

Any history of acne before??

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
No other rash on any other parts of the body, no history of acne

Most likely it is acne or eczema

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Treatment recommendations? Hydrocortisone cream hasn’t had any impact on reducing the redness

Initially I would suggest simple measures

These self-help techniques may be useful:

1) Do not wash affected areas of skin more than twice a day. Frequent washing can irritate the skin and make symptoms worse.

2) Wash the affected area with a mild soap or cleanser and lukewarm water. Very hot or cold water can make acne worse.

3) Do not try to "clean out" blackheads or squeeze spots. This can make them worse and cause permanent scarring.

4) Avoid using too much make-up and cosmetics.

5) Avoid make-up, skincare and suncare products that are oil-based (sometimes labelled “comedogenic”). Use water-based non-comedogenic products, as they’re less likely to block the pores in your skin.

6) Completely remove make-up before going to bed.

7) If dry skin is a problem, use a fragrance-free water-based emollient.

Plus I would suggest following creams:

1. Benzoyl peroxide daily morning
  2. Cream containing retinoids (tretinoin, adapalene) to apply daily at night

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thank you for your advice.

You are welcome

Please do let me know if you have any further questions in future I would be happy to answer

Best of luck