How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Arun Phophalia Your Own Question
Dr. Arun Phophalia
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 63502
Experience:  MBBS MS. Post doctoral fellowship in Sports Medicine. General surgeon and sports medicine specialist
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Arun Phophalia is online now

I have now had siatic pain now for over 7 weeks it is

This answer was rated:

Hi I have now had siatic pain now for over 7 weeks it is getting no better I haven't slept in two weeks my doctors never have any appointments available. I had no choice but to go A&E last Monday to be basically fobbed off. I can't cope no more.
JA: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: Nothing helps any more, I have tried all the stretches, I was giving codine and diclafenic. No only have I finished the course it was causing stomach problems. The paracetamol takes the edge off it for ten min. Ibuprofen don't seem to help either. Four weeks ago I went to see my osteopath that did help for a few days but now am back to square one. I have 3 children and I can't cope any more plus I am getting married in 4 weeks. And right now the ease the pain by 20% I am currently sat in my back garden on a solid chair coz it is the only thing that seems to help.
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I was kicked in the back seven weeks ago this is how it all started. The damage was L3 L4 bruised L4 slightly twisted, pelic bones out of place trapping the nerve and internal brusing. Please help me thank you

Welcome to Just Answer.

Answers here are for education and information.

I will respond shortly with an answer or further information request.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
OK thankyou

What are your age and gender?

Please attach your MRI report?

Are you wearing a back brace?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
No thanks due to everyone being asleep I don't want to wake them up.

Apologies for any intrusion of those automatic offers for phone calls. These are produced by the website automatically and outside of my control.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I am female 37 and no I don't have a back brace.

I am sorry about your symptoms.

Is it possible for you to attach the MRI report here?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I did not get a scan or an xray when I was taken to the hospital last week. They just gave me medication and told me to get through it.

Thanks for the further information.

I am writing the answer for you and will get back to you in 3-5 minutes.

Unless you wish to speak in person, you can ignore the request for a phone call automatically generated by the website, not by me.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Thank you so much. I would bother normally but I can not cope any more 2ith the pain. I will wait for you to get back to me.

Ideally, an MRI should be done.

This will tell, what are the issues involved:

1) Muscles

2) Vertebral Joint

3) Ligament

4) discs

5)  Or any combination.

The mainstay of the treatment though is not very different and is;

a) Physical therapy

b) Deep electrotherapy

c) Acupuncture

d) Local analgesic cream

e) Pool therapy/hydrotherapy.

f) Analgesics

g) Lidocaine cream

h) Rest

i) Capsaicin cream.

j) Hot fomentation

k) Back Brace

l) Gentle massage

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
OK thankyou very much for the information and help.

You are very welcome.

The following investigations would be required, for the confirmation of the diagnosis;

1) X-ray of the lower back

2) MRI of the spine

3) Nerve conduction velocity (NCV) study

4) Electromyography (EMG).

You may consult any of the following specialists (apart from your GP);

a) Orthopedist

b) Neurologist

c) Specialist in Physical medicine and rehabilitation.

Wishing you a speedy resolution and all the very best in life.

It was a pleasure to assist you.

Thank you.

Stay blessed.

Dr. Arun Phophalia and other Medical Specialists are ready to help you