Anthony Osula
Anthony Osula, Doctor
Experience:  MB ChB DRCOG
106915327

I have been on lansoprazole since last august keep getting

I have been on lansoprazole since last august keep getting dizzy and loose stools my doctor told me to stop them last friday but yesterday i had loose stoools again half an since eating
JA: How long have you been using Lansoprazole? Has it helped at all?
Customer: nearly a year i suppose to have hiatus hernia but never have symtoms
JA: Got it. Have you used anything besides Lansoprazole for this?
Customer: no have got diverticultus and IBS
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: no

Thanks for using just answer

If you stopped the lansoprzole and still getting loose stools, then its unlikely to be due to lansoprazole though it can also cause loose stools.

You also have diverticulitis and IBS which causes loose stools

Also bacterial infection of the gut, called helicobacter pylori can present with loose stools.

You need to have stool tests for bacterial infection, as well as faecal calprotectin might show if you have flare-up of diverticulitis or colitis.

If you've not had a recent colonoscopy in the last 3 years, you should consider doing another one

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I sent off a stool test i eat food am ok it the same food a week later get loose stools

Ok, I've detailed what needs to be done. Is  there any specific question you're asking?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
thankyou
You're welcome
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Please stop sending me e mails i am sorted now
Hi, you have to message customer service if you're getting emails. They won't see this here.