Dr Baker
Dr Baker, Family Physician
Experience:  MD
108371854

I hope your ok. Every time I try to sleep I wake up after

Hi. I hope your ok. Every time I try to sleep I wake up after about 10 minutes unable to breath or swallow with a rapid heartbeat and a tingling sensation below my belly button. I’m just wondering if you know what this could be please?
Thank you for contacting Just Answer
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thanks for helping Dr Baker.
Sorry but we were cut off. What is your age please? And do you have any medical problems?
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Hi again. Sorry I don’t know what happened. Yes I’m 40 and the only problem I know about it anxiety.
Thanks, ***** ***** long has this been going on?
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Around a month I think.
have you had any investigations so far?
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
No nothing at all. It’s only when I sleep, the rest of the time I’m absolutely fine.

Okay thanks, ***** ***** likely cause to this is either stress or anxiety. It would however be worth having someone listen to your heart and lungs as well as an ECG and blood tests to look for an underlying cause.

The fact that it is only night time reassures me that it is unlikely anything concerning.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thank you so much for letting me know Dr Baker, you’ve really put my mind at ease. Have a great day and take care.
That is my pleasure, is there anything else regarding this I can help you with?
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
No thanks Dr Baker. Thanks again.
Thank you, ***** ***** best