Dr. Nickols M
Dr. Nickols M, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Expert
115571763

I have a rash on my foot and I need help identifying it,

i have a rash on my foot and I need help identifying it
JA: When did the rash first appear? Have you used any medication for this?
Customer: about a year ago, I used clotrimazole 1% w/w cream which a pharmacist gave me 1 month ago, since we thought it was ringworm, but it hasnt worked
JA: Got it. Have you seen a dermatologist about the rash?
Customer: not yet
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Dermatologist should know?
Customer: No, im healthy
Hello! I’m Dr. NickolsM, It is a pleassure to me to atent you.
Can you send me a picture?
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Thanks for helping me, its on my left foot, oval shape around 7cm by 6cm. photo attached

Dear customer, it is a pleasure to attend you today, what you are experiencing is a type of atopic dermatitis caused by contact with some type of allergen or chemical substance that has triggered this situation, indeed it does not seem to be a condition generated by a fungal infection or a fungus, but it is an inflammatory situation in the superficial region of the skin that should be treated with a cream called hydrocortisone 1%, applying a thin layer from morning to night for 5 days, at least while you manage to go to your doctor, it is recommended to take a weekly photo with the same lighting and projection to assess the evolution of the lesion with hydrocortisone treatment, I would like you to tell me about your progress in the coming days, I will be happy to assist you and guide you in everything I can.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
okay

Have a nice day! Regards