Dr. Nickols M
Dr. Nickols M, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Expert
115571763

Recently I lost nine pounds without change in diet or

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: Recently I lost nine pounds without change in diet or physical activity. Developed frequent heartburn and drining a lot more water. Any ideas?
JA: How long have you had heartburn? Have you used any medication for it?
Customer: No medication, the heartburn started about 12 days ago
JA: Got it. Have you seen a doctor about heartburn?
Customer: No, my appointment with my doctor is on the 15th July
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: Up until January this year, I did not know what pain was or seen a GP more than a dozen times in my 84th year. No underli
Hello! I’m Dr. NickolsM, It is a pleassure to me to atent you
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
How do you interpret my syptoms, pleas?

Dear customer, it is a pleasure to attend you today, I am very sorry for the health situation you are experiencing with everything you tell me, I want to tell you that seems to be associated with a condition called acute gastritis, usually triggered by the action of gastric juice acids or major changes in the pH of gastric juices which become more acidic with some new ingredient in food, added of course emotional disturbances such as stress, anxiety and worry that influence negatively on the whole situation, the recommendation is to start with a gastric protector also known under the name of proton pump inhibitors, which are those that are responsible for providing certain specific molecules such as hydrogen for the formation of hydrochloric acid that makes up the gastric juices, in this case drugs such as omeprazole in soft capsules of 20 mg, one capsule 30 minutes before breakfast for a month can be very useful, accompanied by sucralfate in suspension, taking 10 cc every 8 hours for 5 days, which will help to form a protective film around the stomach walls to prevent gastrolesivity by the gastric juice acids, Both drugs, omeprazole and sucralfate, work together to protect the gastric mucosa from any type of aggression from any external agent. It is also important to consider abundant hydration with at least 4 litres of water per day to improve the distribution of fluids throughout the body and hydrate the digestive tract, in addition, in elderly people there are usually blocks of profuse and rapid acute dehydration that generate great general decompensations in the organism, in terms of food, it is also important to consider the reduction of flour, bread, carbohydrate, fried foods, ultra-processed foods such as ketchup, mayonnaise, mustard, spicy, sausages, canned and pickled foods and powdered chemical juices and soft drinks, as they tend to be counterproductive for this type of situation, you could increase fruits, vegetables, vegetables and protein such as mustard, spicy, sausages, canned and pickled foods, vegetables and protein such as meat and chicken can be cooked in the oven or grilled with little seasoning and little salt, I would like you to tell me about developments in the coming days with these recommendations, I will be happy to assist you and guide you in everything I can.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Thank you doctor. Much appreciate your opinion
You are welcome, regards!