Dr.Sumanth
Dr.Sumanth, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Consultant Pediatrician at Kanchi Kamakoti CHILDS Trust Hospital
101124971

I have been getting swollen lips on and off for the past two

I have been getting swollen lips on and off for the past two months. This morning it has come again, though in a milder way.
JA: Any recent injuries? How long have you been dealing with the swelling?
Customer: Two months.
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I showed a picture I took to the nurse. She suggested I should go on econsult.
Hi,Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm Dr. Sumanth. I've 17years of experience in the field of Medicine. I'm currently reviewing your query, be back ASAP.

May I request you to upload an image please.

As you are not able to respond. I will try my level best with the minimal information available.
"Without the information requested in my first/previous response, I can only give you a general answer, but I hope this helps."
Please do remember that you can still come back to me for further clarification.
Best regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

Hi...I understand your concern and I am sorry for your symptoms.
By what you say I feel that it is a simple skin allergy called Angioedema in medical terms.
I am sorry for the symptoms but they can be really irritating and persistent.
The trick of management is that you need to be getting an antihistamine at regular intervals round the clock into the system to keep the allergic response at bay.
I suggest -

1. Tablet Hydroxizine 25mg at 12am/6am/12pm/6pm (Non OTC) (as the itching is severe)
  2. Syrup Benadryl (12.5mg/5ml) 10ml at 3am/9am/3pm/9pm (OTC) (as the itching is severe)
  3. If not better or if there is any breathing difficulty with noisy breathing then you may need oral intravenous steroids please.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you today!
Is there anything else where I can be of assistance to you in this regard please. We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.
Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

I wish you an early recovery!
I am happy that my interaction was helpful for you.
In future you can opt me as your favorite medical expert so that you can ask me a question directly. I will be happy to help anytime. You’ll have the option to do that on your “My Questions” page if you choose to rate our interaction or you can add me as a favorite Expert then type @ followed by my name in your next chat.
You can approach me directly at the following link please -
https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800
You need to start your question with my name referred as Dr Amperayani only.