Dr Hayat
Dr Hayat, Specialty Dr Internal and Critical Care Medicine
Experience:  Expert
113699036

My 20 month old has had a fever which kept getting higher

My 20 month old has had a fever which kept getting higher since Friday. He stopped eating on Sunday and paracetamol and ipobrufen were not keeping his temp down anymore so he finally saw a gp yesterday who prescribed him with amoxicillin. He has had this antibiotic several times this year. He has an ear infection and a throat infection. Since his first dose of antibiotics he has been much better, attempting to eat and a bit more lively and his temperature has gine back to normal since last night. However today he has slowly developed a rash, starting from his hairline around d his jawline a bit on his neck and tiny bit on his upper chest and around the nappy area.
More like small red spots which do not seem to bother him at the moment and he is much better so was wondering if I need to worry or speak to a gp?
Hi. Dr Hayat here. Welcome to JA. Do you mind sending me a picture plz
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Unfortunately he is asleep and just trying taking a picture but nothing good. The rash has not spread and it is more pinkish rather than red some of the spots seem to be slightly bigger than others

The description doesn't sound worrying.  It can be an allergic response to the antibiotics but plz don't stop them. If its not bothering him nothing needs to be done otherwise a teaspoon of loratidine syp once a day will help. You can always send me a picture when he wakes up.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Ah perfect definitely, I was thinking of a heat rash as it has been hot and he has been sweating alot when he had fever. Also he has had amoxicillin like 5 times this year and never caused him a reaction. I wasn't too worried as it doesn't seem to bother him and he is much better since he started with antibiotics. I will keep an eye and send a picture when I can

Best wishes.  Please feel free to contact me if you have any further queries or need to follow up. I will be happy to help and guide. Have a nice day.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Obviously I am not a doctor and don't know for sure but will get a picture when I can
Customer: replied 13 days ago.

Sure.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
File attached (S3SLPT4)
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Hi, just managed to take a picture and attached it for you.
The rash has spread to all his torso and all his face.
So not sure what it is and if I need to worry
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
File attached (134QPM1)
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
File attached (23S4V6L)
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
They seem to be itchy
Probably viral..Nothing specific needed in terms of treatment Other then loratidine syp one tea spoon a day..
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Perfect thank you