Dr. Nickols M
Dr. Nickols M, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Expert
115571763

I wonder if as a foreigner I could get prescribed a

Hello, I wonder if as a foreigner I could get prescribed a different ADHD medication that is currently available in my country?I currently have a diagnosis and proof of current medication from.my own psychiatrist.
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: Sertraline and Concerta 36mg
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Hello, I am Dr Nickols M, it is a pleasure to attend to you
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Hello! Thank you for your quick reply.

Dear Customer, Unfortunately, we cannot issue any type of medical order or prescription because it is against the site's policies; remember that this is a purely online medical consulting platform. But I will be happy to provide you with all the information you need

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Sadly I can't currently afford that, as I'm a student

Do not worry, we can continue via chat

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
My question should be visible, if there's any other info I should include, please.let me know:)
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Oh Im sorry I just saw your initial reply
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I'm not in need of a prescription, I just want to find out whether its possible for a foreigner to fly in to the UK and get a differnt prescription there with his current diagnosis and medicine history?
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I'm a 23 year old male, student in general medicine, diagnosed with ADHD and currently taking Concerta . Problem is, the country I come from neglects ADHD and only has concerta and an SNRI approved for ADHD patients. Concerta works fine, however Im presenting side effects, mainly GI related.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I had the opportunity thanks to my psychiatrist, who currently has a swedish ADHD patient for me to try their ADHD med, which was Elvanse. This certain medication, and really, any other ADHD approved medication is NOT available in oir country. So, he recommended me to reach out to countries that do and see if it's possible to fly in, maybe get diagnosed if needed and get a new prescription.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I'm currently struggling with my studies and could use every help available. As stated before, I have a diagnosis, with the medicine I have been taking - so I'm wondering if that would be enough to present to a psychiatrist in the UK and would they take me in as a foreigner?
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I know private clinics in the Netherlands offer this, however, they MUST perform their own diagnosis first then give the prescription, and honestly those prices are sadly out of my reach at the moment.

Dear customer, it is a pleasure to be able to assist you today; I am very sorry for the wait in responding; I want to tell you that if everything you tell me is true and unfortunately, the only way to acquire a prescription with this type of prescriptions is through a private health center that effectively performs its diagnosis and indicates the corresponding treatment, The choice of the therapeutic strategy of the drug, in this case, is Lisdexamfetamine which is the active component of elvanse is not a drug of choice in the first instance the doctor who evaluates you in that country could under his criteria and consideration choose another different drug so we could not even tell you with certainty if it is the drug that you will be given the first line.

I would like you to keep me updated on your health situation. If you have any additional questions or concerns regarding this issue, please contact me; I will be happy to assist you and guide you in any way I can.