Dr. Arun Phophalia
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS MS. Post doctoral fellowship in Sports Medicine. General surgeon and sports medicine specialist
5625079

This one is a bit of an awkward one for me, so please bare

Hi there. This one is a bit of an awkward one for me, so please bare with me.
JA: What are all your symptoms? Are you taking any medication?
Customer: Every time me and my girlfriend have sexual intercourse, I cannot climax. We have tried everything that we know to try and change this, but nothing seems to be working. I just want some advise on what we could do to fix this, as we want to start a family soon. I
JA: Got it. Have you seen a doctor about this?
Customer: No not yet
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I am on risperidone 0.5 MG once a day

Welcome to Just Answer.

Answers here are for education and information.

I will respond shortly with an answer or further information request.

What is your age?

Are you able to get climax/orgasm by masturbation?

Are you on any medication/herbs/recreational drugs?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I am 26. I sometimes struggle to climax even by masturbation. I smoke the occasional bit of weed, but only about 2 times a month, if that.

Thanks for the further information.

I am writing the answer for you and will get back to you in 3-5 minutes.

Unless you wish to speak in person, you can ignore the request for a phone call automatically generated by the website, not by me.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thank you, Doctor.

Weed may be the culprit or contributory.

The absence of orgasm is called Anorgasmia. The causes are usually divided as follows;

1) psychogenic

2) caused by certain medications

3) decreased penile sensation owing to impaired pudendal nerve function. Most commonly, this occurs in diabetics with peripheral neuropathy. Men who experience anorgasmia in association with decreased penile sensation should undergo vibratory testing of the penis and further neurologic evaluation as indicated.

Following is the protocol for the work-up;

1) Stimulation of the penis with a vibrator or other stimulatory device to determine any underlying physical (neurological) problem.

2) A neurological examination; to determine other nerve problems.

Treatment entails;

1) Sex therapy sessions; reduce performance pressure and focus on pleasure. About 20 sessions may be needed for the optimal outcome.

2) Hypnosis

3) Withdrawal of the medication; if one is considered the cause. Weed may be stopped.

4) Avoidance of stress, anxiety, and other factors. Enjoying the sex, changing position for best glans stimulation and partner's effort also play an integral component in the positive results.

You should consult a urologist for an initial evaluation.

Please feel free for your follow-up questions.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thank you for your help. I will take your advice and consult with a urologist. I did not realize that me smoking a little bit of weed every now and again, could be a factor of why I find it difficult to climax. I will also try the other things that you suggested to me, and see if that helps at all. Thanks again for your help.

You are very welcome.

Wishing you a speedy resolution and all the very best in life.

It was a pleasure to assist you.

Stay blessed.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thanks again. I will definitely come back to you, if I am still struggling, after trying what you have suggested. Have a good day

Very welcome.