Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.
11269312

I am male. I have a lump central at the top of my chest.

I am male. I have a lump central at the top of my chest. It's sensitive to touch so could be infected. It could also have a build up of pus. It's grown a little. Would bathing it with warm water every day help to reduce it?
JA: Have you used any medication for the lump?
Customer: Just bathing it.
JA: Got it. Have you seen a doctor about the lump?
Customer: Not yet.
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I have had it before, years ago. I can't remember what medication was used.

Hello, my name is***** thank you for your question. I am a qualified MD with 18 years’ experience and I am happy to work with you on this.

Please share a pic of the area. You can send a pic by attaching an image using the paperclip icon at the top or bottom of your chatbox.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Here is the image of the lump.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
No I prefer to talk/answer via text please. I have a speech impediment so avoid talking on the phone.

Please dont worry about the call request, it is generated automatically by the website, not by me. I will help you through text.

This seems like an infected sebaceous cyst. Sebaceous cysts are formed from the oil glands in the skin. They can get infected sometimes.

Home care will usually suffice to help in this. You should wash with clean water and soap. Keep the area dry. Apply warm compresses if there is pain. Apply Ointment Savlon/ Neosporin (OTC) twice daily on the areas after cleaning

Once the infection goes down, if it is a sebaceous cyst you will find that there is still a small lump left behind. You can talk to your doctor about excising this cyst otherwise it can get infected again.

Hope this resolves your query. If you need more help, just write back here so l can continue to assist. Stay safe!

Dr. P. Jyoti

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Thank you so much Dr Jyoti. I really appreciate your response. I will do what you have advised.
Stay safe yourself and thank you for the work you do.

Glad to help.

Wish you best of health and a quick recovery. I would like to know of your progress, please keep me informed on this thread if possible.

If you require help again, you can always come back to the JA site and ask your question. If you want me as your expert in the future, you can mark me as 'Favourite Expert' and use the “Ask me a new question” feature.