Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.
11269312

I have a large growth/lump near my rectum it started last

Hi I have a large growth/lump near my rectum it started last night and is about the size of a plum
JA: How long have you had the lump? Is it hard or soft?
Customer: 36 hrs soft
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No

Hello, my name is***** thank you for your question. I am a qualified MD with 18 years’ experience and I am happy to work with you on this.

Please provide some more information so that I can provide you with a better informed answer.

What is your age and gender?

Is there any pain in the lump? Any discharge? Any bleeding?

Please provide this info and I will help you further with my answer.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
54 male

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Cancel that

Ok, I will not make the call. You will be refunded the charges for the call request if no one makes the call.

Meanwhile please provide this info so that I can help you:

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
No there is no discharge but it is sore to touch

This is most likely to be an anal abscess.

Anal abscess occur due to infections of small anal glands, they are usually situated in the perianal region. They occur as a localised swelling which is very painful.

You will need to see the doctor for this. You will need to take antibiotics for this. In some cases drainage of pus is also required. Drainage is a simple office procedure.

The other possibility is an anal fissure. This is a small tear in the anal mucosa. This is a different pathology but the swelling around the tear can make it appear as a small bump. This is also very painful. It requires anti spasmodic ointments.

The third possibility is hemorrhoids. External hemorrhoids can also be felt as a bump in the region and can also be painful. Treatment for hemorrhoids is also with ointments initially.

There are other causes of bumps in the anal region: Genital warts, Condyloma accuminata, anal tag. But these are not painful and not likely for you.

You now need to see a doctor for this. Anal abscess is most likely but anal fissure and hemorrhoids are also possible.

Meanwhile you can take some steps to relieve the pain at home till you get to the doctor:

* Avoid both standing and sitting for long periods.

* The stools should be soft. This avoids pain. Have a lot of high fiber foods and water. You can also get a stool softener like Liquid Paraffin available OTC at pharmacies to keep the stool soft.
* Keep the area dry, blot gently with baby wipes.
* Apply ice. This is a great pain reliever. It will both numb the area and also help in reducing the volume.
* Bycycling exercise: lie flat on your back and cycle with your legs in the air. This helps to reduce pain.

* Sitz bath: sit in a tub containing warm saline water for about 15 min, this will help with the pain.

But do see your doctor at the earliest.

Hope this resolves your query. If you need more help, just write back here so l can continue to assist. Stay safe!

Dr. P. Jyoti

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I've been£38.60 for thi how do I get this back

Sorry to hear about this.

For any complaints about payment, you have to write to customer service. We are medical experts who log on to the site just as you have done and do not have any knowledge or authority on payment services.

You can reach them here:

https://www.justanswer.com/help/contact-us

or

Call 1(888)(###) ###-####/p>

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I didn't accept

You had made the call request, I didnt accept since you asked me not to. But you will be refunded dont worry, just ask customer service for this.