Dr. Arun Phophalia
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS MS. Post doctoral fellowship in Sports Medicine. General surgeon and sports medicine specialist
5625079

My aunt is in hospital they cant find what is wrong with

My aunt is in hospital they cant find what is wrong with her
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: Yes
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Its about my aunt who is in hospital

Welcome to Just Answer.

Answers here are for education and information.

I will respond shortly with an answer or further information request.

What is her age?

When was she hospitalized?

What are her symptoms and what are the investigations done?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Hi Dr. I'm going to write it all give me a few mins thank u

Sure. Please take your time.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
6 weeks ago she was feeling unwell going to the toilet alot and passing blood but she had diverticulitis. She went into hospital was in there about two weeks and suddenly has issues breathing. They took 2L of fluid from her lungs Last week. She also was diagnosed with heart failure before she went into hospital but not sure what stage but I think early stage. When in hospital she did have issues with her kidneys but they seem fine now. She was non responsive yesterday but they put a non invasive mask on and it helped alot but today her lungs are starting to fill with fluid again. They sent her for a body scan today and said she has enlarged lymph nodes under her arm and suspect it could he multiple myeloma and took blood and sent to another hospital. A haematologist is coming to see her tomorrow. She has high levels of calcium and carbon dioxide in her blood.

I am reading it.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I would like to speak to u but because I am in Ireland only allowing to input UK number I would pay the €39

Thanks for the further information.

I am writing the answer for you and will get back to you in 3-5 minutes.

Unless you wish to speak in person, you can ignore the request for a phone call automatically generated by the website, not by me.

Apologies for any intrusion of those automatic offers for phone calls. These are produced by the website automatically and outside of my control.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
How can I call u

Her history and description you mentioned are highly suggestive of cancer, anemia, congestive heart failure, secondary lung affection, etc.

She would need a battery of investigations like PET scan, peripheral blood smear, echocardiography, etc to exactly pinpoint the diagnosis and severity of medical issues.

Thanks for talking on the phone.