Dr Geyik, MBBS
Dr Geyik, MBBS,
Experience:  Expert
113018656

I’ve had a blood test and it showed my HCG to be <1.2 which

I’ve had a blood test and it showed my HCG to be <1.2 which is negative and I’ve had negative pregnancy tests and am not showing or anything but I am concerned about cryptic pregnancy when people say they had all negative tests and no symptoms and then have birth which is something I don’t want.
And I just wanted some information on this if possible, can I still be pregnant?

Hello. This is Dr Geyik and I will be assisting you today.

Can I please ask if you have any symptoms at all? 

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Not really, sometimes I feel things in my stomach but I’m not sure if it’s because I’m paranoid about it

If you do not have any significant symptoms of pregnancy and your beta HCG level is negative, then it is extremely unlikely you are pregnant. Cryptic pregnancy is very very rare.

Can I ask if you are on contraception?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
on the Rigevidon pill

If you are on contraceptive pill, then you can't really get pregnant anyway. The failure rate for the pill is very low.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
My worry is I missed one of them

How long did you miss it for?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Just one and then took two at the same time

Did you miss it for whole one day or a few hours?

And when was that?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Whole day
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Just before

Then you should be fine and still protected.

You can have a look at the following link for more information about missing pills:

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/contraception/miss-combined-pill/#:~:text=If%20you%20have%20missed%201,of%20the%20pack%20as%20normal

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Okay Thankyou

You are very welcome.