Dr Geyik, MBBS
Dr Geyik, MBBS,
Experience:  Expert
113018656

I need to speak with a doctor about side effects from a drug

I need to speak with a doctor about side effects from a drug ive been taking..
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: No and nothing
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no i dont think so

Hello. This is Dr Geyik and I will be assisting you today.

Can I please ask your age/gender and if you have any other medical conditions or allergies, or take medications?

And what drug is that?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Male
24
And no meds

And what drug have you been taking?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Ive been taking test prop 100
With deca duranbol 2501ml of each twice a week. Ive been doing it for 3 weeks and im stopping immediately due to lack of sex drive and desire. I need help getting my hormones back to normal or anything i can take
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Anabolic steriods..
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Ive been taking this along with 20mg Tamoxifen daily

Why are you taking Tamoxifen?

And have you had any blood/hormone tests?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Taking tamoxifen as en estrogen blocker. To be honest i dont know why ive started taking these in the first place but its effected me sexually. And no no blood tests

So have you stopped taking anabolic steroid now?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I have yes. It was supposed to be a 10 week course. But ive stopped after 3 weeks due to the side effects.

Since you stopped now have you had any other symptoms or issues or have you seen any improvements?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
No other symptoms.. just struggle to get an erection and no sexual desire or anything.

Ideally, you should have a blood test to check your hormone levels now and then again in a few weeks' time to see if they are improving. Are you able to see your GP for a blood test?

Generally speaking, your hormone levels should normalise once you stopped the steroids but still you need to have a blood test.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Is there something you can recommend me take? To replenish my natural hormonal levels?

Your hormone levels will go up eventually since you stopped the anabolic steroids.

You can try multivitamins that include vitamin D, diet high in protein, exercise and stress reduction as these can all help improve your hormone levels.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
my libido and sex drive and testosterone levels will go back to normal?? Do you know if it will take long after only being on the steriods for 3 weeks?

Yes, they should go back to normal but it can take a while unfortunately. You still need a blood test to see how low they are and also to check your liver to ensure there are no other effects of steroids on your body.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Okay, i appreciate your help. Is there not a tablet you recommend to help replenish my levels?

There are testosterone tablets but these can only be given in certain circumstances and once you have blood tests and confirmed diagnosis.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Do you think theyre needed someone my age whos only been taking them for 3 weeks? Whats the likely hood ill have side effects for a long period of time?

It is difficult to say because we don't know how low your hormone levels are. Since you are very young you should not have any major complications but still should have a routine blood test.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Where is it possible for me to have this done?

Your GP can easily arrange blood tests for you.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Okay thankyou very much. Really appreciate your help

You are most welcome and all the best!