Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.
11269312

On Thursday I had to call an ambulance out to me. They think

Hi. On Thursday I had to call an ambulance out to me. They think I had severe vertigo. I am still bed bound since Thursday and I cannot do my daily activities as my balance is still affected. I cannot walk far and I need support. I still have dizzy spells and my head is very wobbly. Could it be something more than vertigo?
JA: Have you used any medication for vertigo?
Customer: No I haven’t been prescribed as my doctors is closed and I cannot drive at the moment to go and get some
JA: Got it. What did you discuss at your last visit to the doctor?
Customer: I haven’t discussed it with my doctor as it only happened on Thursday and I’ve never experienced vertigo before
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: my sister was recently diagnosed with MS
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
What would you recommend for me?

From your description, this is most likely an episode of BPPV, or benign paroxysmal positional vertigo - a momentary dizziness that you get when you move your head.

Typically occurs when you get up from bed or when you roll in bed or move your head.
It is a non-critical condition and self-resolving, and you will require to do some exercises.

You should do some adaptation exercises for your dizziness, you can look up here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olgEtOKAGaI
These exercises are the mainstay of treatment, you should do them regularly.
You should also take OTC Cap. Benadryl 50 mg twice daily, this has an anti-dizziness effect. It may cause sleepiness.

In general, however, all dizziness episodes should be checked up. Such dizziness could also be caused by other ear conditions like ear infections, Meniere's disease. Various other conditions of the brain, heart, etc could also cause such dizziness. So it could be a sign of some potentially dangerous ailments. Hence you should consult your doctor, your GP or Family Physician, ASAP for an examination and investigations if necessary. Ask about BPPV. A maneuver called Epley's maneuver is very useful for this, ask about this.

Meanwhile continue with the Benadryl and the exercises till you get to your doctor.

Hope this resolves your query. If you need more help, just write back here so l can continue to assist. Stay safe!

Dr. P. Jyoti

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for your help

Glad to help.

Wish you best of health and a quick recovery. I would like to know of your progress, please keep me informed on this thread if possible.

If you require help again, you can always come back to the JA site and ask your question. If you want me as your expert in the future, you can mark me as 'Favourite Expert' and use the “Ask me a new question” feature.