Dr Ahmad
Dr Ahmad,
Experience:  Expert
116987717

What is the best antibiotic for a sinusitis that's got into

Customer Question

What is the best antibiotic for a sinusitis that's got into the bone/ cartilage of my nose the skin has red patches the bridge is purple when I bend it I've pain in my head and sinus I know the bridge is broken and dying but I cant get to a dr
Expert:  Dr Ahmad replied 12 days ago.
Welcome to JA. How old are you? Any other medical problems? how often do you suffer with sinusitis?
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I'm 54. My sinuses are poor and my nose is very unwell I think tthe bridge has bone infection some cartilage is thin and I had a FESs op 5 years back I've used Cocaine in the past ..my head is hurting I've no other illnesses but this is driving me mad I've taken co amoxiclav recently
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
There's loose skin on the nose I think fluid gets in and I'm trying to blow it out. I need a surgeon but I don't know who to pick I get overwhelmed with anxiety about the issue but right now I need to stop the infection in my cartilage spreading
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Are u not answering? Why not
Expert:  Dr Ahmad replied 12 days ago.
Have you been referred to an ENT surgeon?
Expert:  Dr Ahmad replied 12 days ago.

who performed the FESS? as it would be wise to return to see them again if you have ongoing issues

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
but this takes weeks
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I'm seeing him but he's on holiday until end of August
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
My nose seems to be dying.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I have to take something or it will spread
Expert:  Dr Ahmad replied 12 days ago.

The best way to get assessed and given antibiotics if required is walk in to your local urgent care centre or ED where a doctor can see you face to face, examine your nose, and provide appropriate antibiotics.

Expert:  Dr Ahmad replied 12 days ago.

That should settle any immediate infection until your ENT surgeon returns

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
10 hours of waiting.for them to not know the right thing as they are not experts at A and E ..I'm asking you what is the best antibiotic because I thought it was a question and answer service
Expert:  Dr Ahmad replied 12 days ago.

I cannot say for sure you require antibiotics as I cannot assess you face to face.

Expert:  Dr Ahmad replied 12 days ago.

Thats why I am saying a visit to ED will mean you can be seen have observations and your nose can be examined especially with your background history of FESS surgery

Expert:  Dr Ahmad replied 12 days ago.

Antibiotics prescribed could be phenoxymethylpenicillin or augmentin if more severe

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Expert:  Dr Ahmad replied 12 days ago.

No problem. All the best.