Dr. Nickols M
Dr. Nickols M, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Expert
115571763

I’ve been having an issue with my ear for a good few months

Customer Question

I’ve been having an issue with my ear for a good few months now. After having covid 19 I’ve slightly lose hearing in my right ear and it feels static
JA: How long have you been dealing with the ear issue? Have you had any colds or flus recently?
Customer: I’ve been dealing with this since October 2021 and I’ve have some colds since. Sometimes my ears would unblock but then would block again
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: nope all info provided
Expert:  Dr. Nickols M replied 8 days ago.
Hello, I am Dr Nickols M, it is a pleasure to attend to you
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Hi there :)
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Would you be able to help me

Can you tell me your age?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I’m 19

Do you take any medication regularly ?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
No

Please give me a moment

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Ok

Dear customer, it is a pleasure to serve you today; likely, the multiple flu-like states that you have experienced repeatedly in recent months have triggered a tubal dysfunction, i.e., a malfunction of a structure called the Eustachian tube, this type of situation can be triggered by the accumulation of mucus abnormally and abundantly in the Eustachian tube which is the duct that communicates the throat with the ear usually responds quite well to treatment with sodium chloride spray applying a spray every 12 hours for five days in addition to a large intake of water of at least 3 to 4 liters per day to fluidify all the secretions that accumulate in the back region of the throat with this recommendation your situation should improve satisfactorily. However I would like you to keep me updated about your health situation to know about your evolution in the next few days; I will be happy to assist you and guide you in everything I can