Khizra Naz
Khizra Naz, Doctor
Experience:  GP
108331350

I'm a 27 year old female in good health and I've suddenly

Customer Question

Hello! I'm a 27 year old female in good health and I've suddenly got three large swollen areas on my right leg. They are red, hard and painful, but I don't remember hurting myself in the last few days. Is this something I should be concerned about?
JA: How long have you had the symptoms? What seems to make the symptoms worse or better?
Customer: Since yesterday. I've tried resting last night with legs slightly elevated, and the swelling went down a little bit, but my calves are both very sore and get tight if I rest too long. I've been doing a lot of hiking and I am away from home and my regular doctor.
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No, I can't think of anything else
Expert:  Khizra Naz replied 10 days ago.

This is Dr. Naz.

I have over 10 years of experience.

I’d be happy to assist you. My goal is to provide you with excellent service.

Please ignore if you do not want a phone call. We can continue our discussion over the chat.

I am offering information only and do not intend to establish, nor should my response be taken as establishing a doctor-patient relationship.

I'm sorry you are having this issue. I will do my best to help you.

I’d love to understand more about the situation. Please allow me to be of assistance.

I appreciate you taking the time to ask your question.

Can you send me a photo?

Is it lump/painful nodules?

Where exactly are those?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
There are three large swollen red patches on my right leg. While both legs are sore from hiking, the swollen areas are more painful. I will try to send a picture of all three.

Please send photo?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
File attached (Q4GM35S)

Is it swollen?

Any insect bite?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
swollen and hard to the touch. I've had insect bite reactions before and they didn't hurt like this. These don't itch or have a center "bite spot".

You should go to hospital, get bloods and ultrasound done to rule out possibility of clot. This can be a sign of clot as well.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Is that something that can wait until I'm back in my home-town on Monday, or do I really need to get it done tomorrow?

You should do it today, it is a serious condition.