Dr Ahmad
Dr Ahmad,
Experience:  Expert
116987717

My wrist started hurting at work back in October and it felt

Customer Question

My wrist started hurting at work back in October and it felt like it was out of place like I constantly needed to move it and get it back into place... it’s a numb pain that turns into a sharp pain when it gets moved certain ways. I saw a doctor and they said it might be because of not getting enough vitamin D. I still get episodes ever since then… every few months and it limits my work. The pains started to travel past my wrist and now my knuckles hurt too when I make a fist. I also have less range in my wrist movement, it won’t bend as far back or forward. I did crush my hand 3 weeks ago and there’s still a little lump on my hand so this could cause the sudden knuckle pain but I thought it was best to check it’s not related to the wrist
JA: Have you had any recent injuries? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: I don’t have any injuries I can recall that effected the wrist and a splint does help my wrist… I feel the episode ends quicker cause it hasnt been moved
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no I think that’s it thank you
Expert:  Dr Ahmad replied 15 days ago.
welcome to JA.
Expert:  Dr Ahmad replied 15 days ago.

how old are you? do you have any other medical problems?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I’m 21 female and have no conditions nor am I on any medication
Expert:  Dr Ahmad replied 15 days ago.

whereabouts is the pain located in the wrist?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
On the top in the centre
Expert:  Dr Ahmad replied 15 days ago.

have you had a XR of your wrist?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Hi sorry I can’t do calls
Expert:  Dr Ahmad replied 14 days ago.

No problem. I recommend you to visit your GP for an examination face to face and he will be able to organise a XR for you and refer you to physiotherapy. If there is any further concern a MRI of the wrist can be performed.