Dr.Sumanth
Dr.Sumanth, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Consultant Pediatrician at Kanchi Kamakoti CHILDS Trust Hospital
101124971

I have a stress headache I need tablet but cant get out,

Customer Question

I have a stress headache I need tablet but cant get out
JA: Is the headache episodic or daily? And what about nausea?
Customer: Daily no nausea
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Expert:  Dr.Sumanth replied 10 days ago.
Hi,Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm Dr. Sumanth. I've 17years of experience in the field of Medicine. I'm currently reviewing your query, be back ASAP.

Hello... I understand your concern. I need some more information please.

1. May I know your age and gender please?
  2. Since how long have you had these symptoms?
  3. Is there any dizziness so severe that you need to hold on to something when you feel dizzy?
  4. Do positional changes (like turning head/ turning around/ standing from sitting) induce dizziness?
  5. Are these headaches associated with nausea and vomiting and if there is vomiting does the headache get better?
  6. During the headache are you in an irritable mood?
  7. Does sleep make the headache better?
  8. Do flashes of light like you experience while driving at night because of oncoming vehicle lights or seeing TV in a dark room or stress, precipitate headache?
  9. Is the headache always one sided or does it alternate?
  10. Off late have you observed any weakness of any body part?
  11. Are you currently on any medication?
  12. Is there any personal or family history of migraine?
  13. Is there any personal or family history of seizure disorder please?
  14. Does this head ache last only for few seconds with very high intensity or is it a dull nagging head ache going on for hours together?
Please get back to me with the above information so that I can guide you better.
Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Dull

Please answer all my questions.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Female 60 no dizziness no vomiting sleep make headache lighter alternate no weakness no family history of migraine or seizures
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I suffer with bad anxiety
Customer: replied 10 days ago.

Hi... Thank you for getting back with the requested necessary information.
From your symptom analysis and correlating it with the history that I have gathered from you, I feel that you are having migraine without Aura / stress headache / tension headache.
As of now the best relief you will get is from Tablet Ibuprofen 400mg taken three times a day after food.
But if your headache is recurrent and is becoming debilitating then I suggest prevention will be the best way out and the best drug for that will be tablet Propranolol started at the dose of 10 mg per day and gradually increase to 40mg per day based on the treatment response.
But Propranolol is a prescription drug and you will require medical evaluation and doctors prescription for it.
The other option is Amlodipine.
In addition to these medications, please follow -

1. Good sleep hygiene of 8 hours of sleep per day.
  2. Avoid certain food like high sugar content and caffeine before bed.
  3. You may consider over the counter Melatonin 3mg before bed may help both headaches and sleep as well.
  4. Avoiding stress. Meditation and yoga can help.
  5. Avoid certain foods.
https://www.withcove.com/learn/migraine-trigger-foods
Regarding the headache the other extremely unlikely possibility is benign intracranial hypertension.
May I suggest you discuss these possibilities with your primary care physician and get yourself appropriately evaluated and managed please.I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you today!
Is there anything else where I can be of assistance to you in this regard please. We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.