Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.
11269312

I am 28 with absolutely no underlying conditions however I

Customer Question

Hi, my name is***** am 28 with absolutely no underlying conditions however I do have anxiety that I’m overcoming.This question is truly important so please be considerate in your response.I’m in Cyprus and tomorrow I’m getting married. Yesterday I took a Covid test and it was positive. I believe I might have already had Covid for 1/2 days before yesterday.I’m currently in bed resting as I’m desperate to feel ok for the wedding tomorrow. I have a slight cough, headache and body aches, my temperature is fine and my oxygen levels etc are ok.1) see attached the photo, todays test the line is more red than yesterdays test, does this mean anything and if so what does it mean?2) what am I best to take to get better as quickly as possible for my wedding? I’ve had 50 people fly out to see me get married!!!! (I live in England) - I took paracemtol this morning, I’m resting in bed and drinking water.3) with my anxiety I’m catastrophizing that I’m going to be unable to breathe. As a 28 year old with no underlying and I’m generally a fit person, exercise, eat well, don’t smoke or drink etc, is this basically impossible to happen to me? Im triple vaccinated too.Thanks for your quick reply and thoughtful feedback, baring in mind I am already stressing about my wedding tomorrow.
Expert:  Dr. P. Jyoti replied 13 days ago.

Dont worry you will do fine. Regarding your questions,

1. This line indicates that you are positive, the test is stronger now because more days have elapsed from the infection.

2. There is nothing specific to take for this. You should continue with the symptomatic treatment. You can take paracetamol as and when needed.

3. DOnt worry, you will be fine. There is zero possibility of you developing any serious problems like breathing difficulty considering your age, vaccination, general fitness, etc. You will absolutely be fine, dont worry.

You can go ahead with the wedding dont worry, you will be fine. But since you are positive, you should wear a mask at all times and maintain a distance of 6 feet from everyone. Its too bad that this happened during the wedding, but dont worry you wont suffer from any bad effects during the wedding.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thank you so much for your reply, I can see you’ve been very considerate with your response.Couple of final questions;The line being more red today, do you have any idea how many days positive I am or is it impossible to tell?How come the line starts to get lighter and lighter towards the end of when you have covid?Today, would you say I’m best to rest entirely and that will get me better quicker, or am I best to be a little bit active and not just stay in bed all day?

You should rest today, that will give your body time to recuperate. Typically the line starts light, gets reddest in the middle of the infection, and then light again and fades away in about five days.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Ok understood, so just as a guess how long do you think I’m likely to have had covid for at this stage?

You would have caught the infection about 3-5 days back . You will be all right by the fifth day from being symptomatic.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Ok got it, very last question, so does that mean if I would have tested 3-5 days ago I would have shown up as positive?

There is a gap of around 2 days from getting the infection to becoming symptomatic. Disease in your case can be said to have started two days back.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Meaning today would be day 3 I suppose? Sorry I just want to be clear!

Yes, it should be day 3.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Last last question :)On Wednesday I did exercise and I was feeling a little out of breathe on the bike exercising - does this mean I could have had Covid and been positive since Wednesday? Eg today is day 5?

It is not possible to say exactly when your Covid started, I am only making informed guesses.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I appreciate that :) so i suppose this is likely to be between day 3 - 5

Yes I believe that to be so.