Dr Hayat
Dr Hayat, Specialty Dr Internal and Critical Care Medicine
Experience:  Expert
113699036

I have woken with ANOTHER UTI, I self catheterise, have done

Customer Question

I have woken with ANOTHER UTI, I self catheterise, have done for 22 years, and had an infection 2 weeks ago which has obviously not been dealt with by the correct antibiotics. Could I please have a prescription for Trimethaprim
JA: How long have you been using the antibiotics? Has it helped at all?
Customer: Hi There, It did seem to clear up, however back with a bank today. The episode 2 weeks ago was the first for 8,9,10 years-- a long long time, I can't remember its so long ago.
JA: Got it. Have you seen a doctor about the infection?
Customer: 2 weeks ago I spoke to my doctor who prescribed a short course drug with I think didn't quite hit it on the head.
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: Ambient, spinabifida, no other drugs at all, which for my age is pretty good going.
Expert:  Dr Hayat replied 12 days ago.
Hi. Dr Hayat here. Welcome to JA.
Expert:  Dr Hayat replied 12 days ago.

We at JA do not do prescriptions as it is a question and answer service only as the name indicates and not licensed for prescriptions.

Expert:  Dr Hayat replied 12 days ago.

If you are looking for online prescription options then telemedicine sites like Pushdoctor.co.uk and Gogodoc.com , to name a few, are the ones doing them. They have some charges though.

Expert:  Dr Hayat replied 12 days ago.

Other options of course include 111. They can send a prescription to a local pharmacy

Expert:  Dr Hayat replied 12 days ago.

Or the urgent care or a walk in center.

Expert:  Dr Hayat replied 12 days ago.

Hope that helps.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Not much, but thanks for your answers
Expert:  Dr Hayat replied 12 days ago.

Best wishes.  Please let me know if there is anything else I can help with.  Have a nice day.