Dr. Nickols M
Dr. Nickols M, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Expert
115571763

I have strange looking spots on my arm, shoulder and few on

Customer Question

Hi, I have strange looking spots on my arm, shoulder and few on my chest that I'm worried about. It's mostly since being in the sun 2 weeks ago. In particular on my arm, I'd like to show a doctor the pictures and get some direction
JA: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? In general, how would you describe your health lately?
Customer: Health has been normal day to day. Just spots are strange and I can send a picture
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I've been sleeping more but don't think it's connected. Been more tired Thanks
Expert:  Dr. Nickols M replied 9 days ago.

Hello, I am Dr. Nickols M. It's a pleasure to attend to your question. Thank you very much for your trust in just answer

Can you send me a picture?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Hi, thank you. I'll send a picture of the main , worst one which is on my arm.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
File attached (TG4G4M4)
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I've sent it. Please confirm receipt

yes, dear, I have received

Can you tell me your age?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I'm 33 male,
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
This was possibly from the sun. I am dark and generally don't react to sun/ sunburn at all.

Do you take any medication regularly?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
No I don't take any medication Atm.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Do you need more information or pictures? I'd like to know what you think this may be and what actions to take ( I can visit a chemist for cream if needed, or a private doctor in person if needed). Is this something that looks worrying to you ?

please give me a moment

Does the spots itch, burn, or hurt?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
No they don't any of that.

ok, please give me a moment

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Ok I'm waiting online still.

Dear customer, it is a pleasure to serve you today, it seems that what you are experiencing is a bacterial infection called impetigo is usually triggered by a bacterium called streptococcus and is treated appropriately with antibiotics such as amoxicillin in combination with clavulanic acid or cephalexin which have to be indicated by your primary health care physician, There is another diagnostic possibility and that is that most of these lesions may be due to a condition called syphilis which is a sexually transmitted disease that is called the great imitator because it has the ability to mimic other pathologies, For this reason your doctor apart from starting antibiotic treatment could consider conducting analysis or serology studies to help us determine if there is some alteration from the infectious point of view related to any sexually transmitted disease, for the time being it is equally crucial that you go to the doctor because all antibiotics require a prescription since they are not over the counter, I would like you to keep me abreast of your situation, I will be happy to assist you and guide you in everything I can, I will be attentive to any additional questions about it and I send you a great greeting.