Dr Baker
Dr Baker, Family Physician
Experience:  MD
108371854

Last couple of nights I’ve been struggling to sleep and

Customer Question

Hi there last couple of nights I’ve been struggling to sleep and waking up to numb arms which makes me wide away and can’t sleep, when I close my eyes been like spinning, and recently been getting just a couple of odd pains in my chest just a bit concerned
JA: Did you have a recent injury to the eye? How is your vision?
Customer: Year my vision is usually fine, sometimes when trying to sleep wake up almost like struggling for breath?
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no I don’t think so
Expert:  Dr Baker replied 9 days ago.
Thank you for contacting Just Answer
Expert:  Dr Baker replied 9 days ago.

I am sorry to hear, a dizzy sensation is often related to your middle ear. The numbness in the arms if at night is likely positional due to pressure on nerves which resolves in other positions once you are up.

Neither are however related to chest discomfort though.

Expert:  Dr Baker replied 9 days ago.

How old are you please?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I am 24 it was the trying to sleep and almost feeling like couldn’t catch my breath
Expert:  Dr Baker replied 9 days ago.

Okay, so I would suggest if these persist you will need to see your doctor as an examination is required.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
The chest pains aren’t really bad just every so often
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I’ve also had a cough now for about 2 week if that makes any difference
Expert:  Dr Baker replied 9 days ago.

You may have a chest infection then, if it is improving then this is reassuring but if you feel that it is worsening you may need antibiotics

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Would that be linked in with the stuff on the night?
Expert:  Dr Baker replied 8 days ago.
No, I think that is just a positional problem from how you sleep. If it is something that persists then you should either see your doctor or physiotherapist.