How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Nickols M Your Own Question
Dr. Nickols M
Dr. Nickols M, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 729
Experience:  Expert
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Nickols M is online now

Had an std test and tested negative for chlamydia and

Customer Question

Had an std test and tested negative for chlamydia and gonorrhoea and I have redness around the rim of the head of my penis and just beneath that looks like thrush or Balantis. I have taken flucozanole x2 and it still hasn’t gone. Any idea of what if could be?
JA: How long have you had the symptoms? What seems to make the symptoms worse or better?
Customer: Symptoms for 3 months off and on got worse since I took flucozanole.
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Nickols M replied 10 days ago.

Hello, I am Dr. Nickols M. It's a pleasure to attend to your question. Thank you very much for your trust in just answer

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Expert:  Dr. Nickols M replied 10 days ago.

Can you send me a picture?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
one moment
Expert:  Dr. Nickols M replied 10 days ago.
sure, no problem
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
My symptoms are not flared up right now however I have found a photo which is very similar to what I have been experiencing
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
File attached (1TSG7PL)
Expert:  Dr. Nickols M replied 10 days ago.

Can you tell me your age?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Expert:  Dr. Nickols M replied 10 days ago.

Do you take any medication regularly?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Expert:  Dr. Nickols M replied 10 days ago.

Does it hurt, burn or itch when urinating?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
No not when I pee. The skin is slightly more sensitive and can be itchy sometimes
Expert:  Dr. Nickols M replied 10 days ago.

ok, please give me a moment

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Expert:  Dr. Nickols M replied 10 days ago.

Dear customer, it is a pleasure to serve you; I will try to guide you in the best possible way; I want to tell you that you have nothing to worry about; you have balanoposthitis, it is not a sexually transmitted disease; you can rest assured, This is going to be solved without any inconvenience with good hygiene you should wash the area with plenty of water and dry with a towel constantly every time you see a small whitish layer or accumulation of moisture in this region should be removed with plenty of water as this contributes to the inflammatory process if this type of situation is recurrent must also study the sexual partner because sometimes the sexual partner is an asymptomatic carrier. As for creams, I would recommend only clotrimazole every 8 hours for three days; it is not recommended for use for a long time. Remember that sexual rest is essential during the recovery process, so it is crucial that you do not have sex at least during the recovery time, which is usually approximately 3 to 5 days. Finally, you likely have a process of superinfection which, if it does not improve with the recommendations I have just provided above, is likely to require antibiotic treatment, which your primary health care physician should prescribe.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I have been cleaning it multiple times a day and not had sexual contact in months and the symptoms have only got worse. What is the name of the antibiotics that would like be prescribed
Expert:  Dr. Nickols M replied 10 days ago.

As I mentioned before, antibiotics must be prescribed by your doctor, but generally, amoxicillin is usually used in combination with clavulanic acid in 1 g tablets or cephalexin in 500 mg tablets; there is a range of therapeutic possibilities, among which azithromycin and doxycycline are also part then all this I tell you so you know that what you have is highly treatable only that you must enter into control with your doctor.