Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  board certified internal medicine
19706630

I have a dental infection above a bridge. This has spread

I have a dental infection above a bridge. This has spread down into the chest ie descending mediastinitis
JA: How long have you been dealing with the issue? In general, how has your health been lately?
Customer: A very long time due to misdiagnosis
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: How much does this service cost
JA: The Expert's answer will cost $10 to $100, depending on the issue type and time to respond. You'll see the exact amount on the next page and can decide then. It's way less expensive and more convenient than any face-to-face visit.
Customer: Ah I didn't realize this is a US based site
Hi. Dr Hayat here. Welcome to JA.

How can I help plz

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Please read the above

I've read that. Is the mediastinitis still ongoing?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
This happened in September 2015 but was misdiagnosed as acid reflux despite the excruciating pain and that I had (and still have an abscess above a bridge I have on the upper right. On the 7th of July I collapsed as the upper spine from C8/T1 upwards is being eroded. I've been and continue to be seriously harmed.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I can't afford to ring and have meningitis type symptoms from this dental infection

Ok. I'll opt out. Some another expert will guide you better

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Hi. I’m Dr. Mark. I’m a board certified physician and happy to assist you.  You mentioned that you believe you have meningitis.   Let me give you information.

Meningitis is a very serious life threatening condition.  It causes headache, fever, confusion often, etc.    It’s not likely to be from a dental infection.  If you have neck pain and the above symptoms then you must go to the emergency room for evaluation.  If clinically suspected for meningitis, then we do a spinal tap .

Let me know if you have additional questions.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
This is from a dental infection.. it's rare but this is what's happened to me

Then I suggest that you be examined as I can’t diagnose meningitis without a spinal tap and exam.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
It has descended soy chances of survival are minimal.
Extreme pain in this chest and skull.
I collapsed a couple of weeks ago as they upper spine is being eroded or next descending mediastinitis.
This is all from dental infection..strep
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I'm toast
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I'm should call an ambulance but I know o won't out alive.
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Necrotisisng descending mediastinitis is rarely survivable.
If you have a contact within the MHS then I'll pay othwise no...I've been massively harmed by the NHS by being misquoted, emails not read nor images looked at

I’m sorry to hear about this.  Clearly a hospital is where you need to be.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I agree. I have tried but have been knocked back on many occasions: it's very difficult to explain in person whilst having chronic meningitis.
I've been so badly treated by UCLH and Imperial I won't survive ie descending necrotisisng mediastinitis plus skull bone erosion from infected teeth. I have heart problems too...all from Streptococcus.
As I was and am so unwell from this and often unable to communicate, I emailed clinicians' before appointments but they weren't read nor the images attache

I suggest you see an infectious disease specialist.

Dr. Mark, Board Certified Physician
Experience: board certified internal medicine
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I'm s
Ok
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I'm seeing a dentist this afternoon then will go to A&E
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
but there's been mistakes taking scans:! was told I would have an MRI with contrast of the chest.
This didn't happen, I only had a CT without contrast
An mri is more accurate.
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Exactly. An MRI with contrast was authorized by an ent consultant as if said that this infection descended in September 2015. This pain was severe but this was dismissed as reflux.
I fell over on the 7th as the upper upper spine is being eroded...in the same way that an infected tooth is.
I knew the chances of my survive this without invasive surgery ie debridement, is minimal.
The undertreated dental infection has spread throughout the skull and chest.

Get the mri scan.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I've tried to repeatedly. I've had two sinusitis operations, the second one after it descended. I've been seriously harmed by UCLH and Imperial.
I sent emails and images (swollen check), a full history of significant events and they still manage to do this.
COVID and underfunding are no excuse. It was a straightforward infection ie positive strep test results of the gut and throat plus the dental history.

I understand.