Dr Kay
Dr Kay, Doctor
Experience:  Expert
114883404

I need a referal letter because my daughter either has

Customer Question

i need a referal letter because my daughter either has autism or Asperger syndrome she is 18 years old and needs to be diagnosed
JA: How long have you had autism? Have you used any medication for it?
Customer: my daughter has never been diagnosed, but i knew something was wrong but was told she would be ok but when she turned 18 she was more withdrawn than ever, i have read up as much as i can and all her symptoms suggest autism or Asperger syndrome i am in need of help for her and all i need is a referal she has suffered through school bullying and being different i need to have her know the truth of whats wrong with her
JA: The Doctor will be able to answer that. Have you seen a doctor about autism?
Customer: no
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: only when she was about 10 she was sent to be seen at a clinic they never did any form of tests they asked me questions about her and said she is going to be fine, but she never was
Expert:  Dr Kay replied 15 days ago.
Expert:  Dr Kay replied 15 days ago.

How are her studies ? Does she find hard making new friends?

Expert:  Dr Kay replied 15 days ago.

She likes routines.

Expert:  Dr Kay replied 15 days ago.

She is good in learning mechanics of machines ?

Expert:  Dr Kay replied 15 days ago.

Speech difficulties were there initially?

Expert:  Dr Kay replied 15 days ago.

Please mind it we cannot provide you with a referral as only her GP can refer her to CAMHS for assessment which will take 6 months.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Hi dr kay my daughter doesn't have any friends she, likes routine, she has struggled with learning she still cant grasp using money as maths was her worst subject
Expert:  Dr Kay replied 15 days ago.
She might be carrying autistic traits and this is possibility that she is on ASD spectrum . It’s got to get an assessment. If you afford to go private then you can get it done by a private psychologist. This can speed up the process.