Dr.Sumanth
Dr.Sumanth, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Consultant Pediatrician at Kanchi Kamakoti CHILDS Trust Hospital
101124971

I have cellulitis on left leg I am taking clatithromycin

Customer Question

I have cellulitis on left leg I am taking clatithromycin have done now for 4 days but it has spread further round and down my leg and now on my right leg
JA: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Have you noticed any swelling?
Customer: Worse
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
My leg feels tight
Expert:  Dr.Sumanth replied 8 days ago.
Hi,Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm Dr. Sumanth. I've 17years of experience in the field of Medicine. I'm currently reviewing your query, be back ASAP.
Expert:  Dr.Sumanth replied 8 days ago.

I am sorry for your symptoms. May I request you to upload an image please.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
OK
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
File attached (LZLVP72)
Expert:  Dr.Sumanth replied 8 days ago.

Any itching or history of allergy or insect bite?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
itcy at the moment no insect bite or allergy
Expert:  Dr.Sumanth replied 8 days ago.

Thank you for the image for my better understanding.
This looks like impetigo and simple skin and soft tissue infection.
The most common offending agents are - Streptococcus or Staphylococcus.
I suggest -

1. Topical application of Neosporin ointment three times a day for 3 - 5 days. This is over the counter. Otherwise you can use Brulidine or Germolene antiseptic cream.
  2. An oral antibiotic may be in line.
  3. For oral antibiotic I would prefer Clindamycin thrice a day for 5 - 7 days. I am suggesting this antibiotic as it has got excellent tissue penetrance.
  4. There may be itching - so you can take syrup Benadryl (antihistamine) 10ml thrice a day for a couple of days as scratching might aggravated and spread it.

May I suggest you discuss these possibilities with your primary care physician and get yourself appropriately evaluated and managed please.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you today!
Is there anything else where I can be of assistance to you in this regard please. We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.

Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
No thank you
Expert:  Dr.Sumanth replied 8 days ago.

I wish you an early recovery!
I am happy that my interaction was helpful for you.
In future you can opt me as your favorite medical expert so that you can ask me a question directly. I will be happy to help anytime. You’ll have the option to do that on your “My Questions” page if you choose to rate our interaction or you can add me as a favorite Expert then type @ followed by my name in your next chat.
You can approach me directly at the following link please -
https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800
You need to start your question with my name referred as Dr Amperayani only.