Dr Geyik, MBBS
Dr Geyik, MBBS,
Experience:  Expert
113018656

When I walk after a little while my of my thys go numb, i am

Customer Question

When I walk after a little while my Tom of my thys go numb
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: i am taking loads of medication for my heart thyroid abs etc no I have not seen a doctor for it
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: yes penicillin
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: i have degenerative disks about 8/9 and suffer from constant headache and back ache
Expert:  Dr Geyik, MBBS replied 16 days ago.

Hello. This is Dr Geyik and I will be assisting you today.

Can I please ask you to confirm which part is going numb exactly? 

Have you had any recent fall/injury? Do you have associated pain, swelling, bruise, skin changes, numbness anywhere else, back pain, change in your vision/speech/face, dizziness, confusion, etc?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I get numbness on top of both thighs, constant back ache, my vision is a bit bad, constant headache
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
No recent fall

How long  have you had this numbness and headaches?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
No dizziness or confusion
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I have had head ache since 2001, this numbness pass six months
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
back pain many many years but never as bad as this
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Are you NHS uk

If you have numbness in both thighs, I don't think this is due to any brain issues.

There are various causes of numbness. The most common causes are vitamin deficiencies, diabetes, injury/trauma, repetitive behaviour or actions.

There are rarer causes that originate in the brain but they are not common and unlikely to be in your case.

So, ideally you should see your GP for a physical assessment and blood test to check your vitamin levels.

You can apply a bit of ibuprofen gel to the affected areas and this can help, provided you don't have allergies to this and you don't have asthma or stomach issues.

And if you have any of the above symptoms or you don't feel well, you should call 111 today for an assessment sooner.

We are not linked to NHS and we only give advice and are unable to prescribe medications.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Dr Geyik are you still there

Yes, I am still here. Have you seen my answer above?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Thank you doctor.
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Bi now

You are most welcome and best wishes!

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Fine

This is the answer I sent earlier, just in case you did not see it: