Dr.Sumanth
Dr.Sumanth, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Consultant Pediatrician at Kanchi Kamakoti CHILDS Trust Hospital
101124971

I have a really bloated hard stomach and painful aswell, yes

Customer Question

Hello I have a really bloated hard stomach and painful aswell
JA: How long has this been bothering you? Are you experiencing any vomiting or nausea?
Customer: yes both and over 2 weeks now
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Expert:  Dr.Sumanth replied 12 days ago.
Hi,Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm Dr. Sumanth. I've 17years of experience in the field of Medicine. I'm currently reviewing your query, be back ASAP.

Hello... I understand your concern. I need some more information please.

1. May I know your age and gender please?
  2. How long have you had this symptom for?
  3. Is there any alternating diarrhea and constipation please?
  4. Are you experiencing any unintentional weight loss or loss of appetite?
  5. Are you currently under any type of physical or psychological stress?
  6. Is there any family history of irritable bowel syndrome?
  7. Are you running any intermittent of recurrent fever?
  8. When was your thyroid status last checked and if so how was it?
  9. Is there any family history of inflammatory bowel disease?
Please get back to me with the above information so that I can guide you better.
Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

As you are not able to respond. I will try my level best with the minimal information available.
"Without the information requested in my first/previous response, I can only give you a general answer, but I hope this helps."
Please do remember that you can still come back to me for further clarification.
Best regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

I am sorry for your symptoms.
From your symptom analysis I feel that you may be having Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS).
Irritable bowel syndrome, or "IBS," is a condition that causes belly pain and problems with bowel movements. Some people with the condition have frequent, watery bowel movements (diarrhea). Others do not have enough bowel movements (constipation). Some patients switch back and forth between diarrhea and constipation.
Symptoms include:

• Stomach pain and cramps, related to a bowel movement
  • Diarrhea or constipation (some people switch back and forth between diarrhea and constipation)
  • Bloating
  • Gas

There is no specific test or investigation of choice.
You can:
  • Start a diary to keep track of what you ate each day, what you did, and how you felt. That way, you can figure out if anything you do or eat makes your symptoms better or worse.
  • Stop eating foods that might be making your IBS worse. Start by giving up foods that give you gas, and then give up milk, ice cream, and other foods that have traces of milk for 2 weeks.
  • Eat more fiber, if you have constipation. You can do this by eating more fruits and vegetables. Or you can take fiber pills or powders. (If eating more fiber makes symptoms worse, cut back on the fiber.)
  • Exercise. Do something active for 20 to 60 minutes, 3 to 5 days a week. Studies show this helps improve IBS symptoms.

Medicines can ease the symptoms of IBS. But no treatment can cure the condition.Counseling might also help with IBS, because stress and worry can make the condition worse.The medicines that can help with IBS symptoms include:
  • Medicines to ease diarrhea
  • Medicines to ease constipation
  • Antidepressants – These medicines work by blocking pain. When used to treat IBS, they are given at a much lower dose than would normally be given to treat depression.
  • Medicines called "antispasmodics"
  • Antibiotics – These medicines sometimes help with bloating and diarrhea in some people.

May I suggest you discuss this with your primary care physician or gastroenterologist and get yourself appropriately evaluated and managed please.
I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you today!
Is there anything else where I can be of assistance to you in this regard please. We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.