Dr Baker
Dr Baker, Family Physician
Experience:  MD
108371854

I’m experiencing headaches and dizziness, my head spun when

Customer Question

I’m experiencing headaches and dizziness, my head spun when I moved too quickly and I feel nauseous without being sick
JA: How long have you had the headaches? Have you used any medication for it?
Customer: 2 days, just panadol
JA: Got it. Have you seen a doctor about the headaches?
Customer: No
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No
Expert:  Dr Baker replied 12 days ago.
Thank you for contacting Just Answer
Expert:  Dr Baker replied 12 days ago.

I am sorry to hear, you are describing vertigo.

What is your age please? Did this suddenly come on? Any recent infection/viral symptoms?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
62 I had similar symptoms before about 3 months ago and saw the GP but he thought it was more likely an ear infection. It came suddenly on Sunday
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Please continue by chat
Expert:  Dr Baker replied 12 days ago.
Okay thanks. So with sudden onset this needs a neurological examination. If your symptoms come on with a certain position, for example bending over or rolling over in bed, it is more likely suggest benign positional vertigo.

If it doesn’t then it can suggest a type of stroke.

An examination would help distinguish between the two.

If it is positional then this can settle, but if it doesn’t, there is a medication called Betahistine that can be prescribed.