Dr. Arun Phophalia
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS MS. Post doctoral fellowship in Sports Medicine. General surgeon and sports medicine specialist
5625079

I’ve been sick for three days in a row now and my

I’ve been sick for three days in a row now and my temperature is still high I’m also experiencing pain still on my ribs back and chest and stomach , and I’ve had a severe migraine for 3 days too, and it’s not getting better, no medicine or headache relief is helping it what so ever, I have a routine where I shiver and feel freezing for an hour and my teeth won’t stop chattering then i go straight to sweating and my temperature goes back up for about an hour and it does that routine the whole day whilst being sick and experiencing intense pain in my stomach and back and ribs, where it’s too hard for me to walk and I’m stuck in the same position for hours if my partners at work and can’t look after me
JA: Have you ever dealt with this before? Are you having any shortness of breath?
Customer: Yes
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: i haven’t dealt with it before sorry no but yes I have shortness of breath and no thank you

Welcome to Just Answer.

Answers here are for education and information.

I will respond shortly with an answer or further information request.

What are your age and gender?

What are the investigations done and treatments tried?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
18, female and I had a paramedic briefly check me over and the said it was viral and I’ve been taking paracetamol and ibuprofen but it’s not worked, I’ve been sick again this morning and my belly pain woke me up too
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I would rather not call as I’m very short of breath

Apologies for any intrusion of those automatic offers for phone calls. These are produced by the website automatically and outside of my control.

Thanks for the further information.

I am writing the answer for you and will get back to you in 3-5 minutes.

Unless you wish to speak in person, you can ignore the request for a phone call automatically generated by the website, not by me.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Oh I understand

Your symptoms are suggestive of;

1) Pleurisy

2) Pneumonia.

You may go to urgent care or A&E as you need a chest x-ray, blood work, and a course of antibiotics.

You may contact;

Walk-in clinic/urgent care

https://www.nhs.uk/service-search/other-services/Urgent-Care/LocationSearch/1824

https://www.nhs.uk/nhs-app/

NHS

I hope your symptoms resolve soon.

I would be happy to assist you further if you need more information.
Thanks for using JustAnswer.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Thank you so it doesn’t sound viral?

Very welcome.

Quite unlikely.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Okay thank you, ***** ***** to confirm it’s not the flu or anything?

It does not sound like Flu (which is a viral illness).

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Okay thank you for your help I really appreciate it!

You are very welcome.

Wishing you a speedy resolution and all the very best in life.

It was a pleasure to assist you.

Stay blessed.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Thank you so much! Sorry just one more question, what could be the cause of this?

As mentioned above also; likely bacterial infection/pleurisy/pneumonia.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Right thank you, ***** *****’m just making 100% sure as for the past three days I’ve been made to feel like I’m making it up or making it worse than what it is I got told it was just a viral infection and I had a feeling it’s a lot more than that as I feel like I know my body well, so clearing it up and hearing that is like music to my ears, would I need to possible stay in hospital?

Only investigations can tell this.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Oh right okay, well I’ll get on the case now thank you

Welcome.