Dr Geyik, MBBS
Dr Geyik, MBBS,
Experience:  Expert
113018656

I would like to get a diagnosis please for BPD, no not yet I

Hello I would like to get a diagnosis please for BPD
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: no not yet I have been diagnosed with depression and anxiety and I am on the highest dose of sertraline
JA: How long have you been feeling this way? Have you reached out to anyone about this yet?
Customer: yes I have told my partner I have felt like I’ve had it for years, I have all the symptoms and he agrees with me
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I’ve had a troubled past and I used to self harm

Hello. This is Dr Geyik and I will be assisting you today.

Can I please ask if you have seen your GP for an initial assessment?

BPD is a big diagnosis and is not normally diagnosed online as you need to see a psychiatrist face to face for a formal diagnosis. They need to assess you physically and observe your behaviour.

So, I suggest you contact your GP for the initial assessment and then the referral. 

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Ok I will do thank you

You are most welcome and best wishes!