How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Geyik, MBBS Your Own Question
Dr Geyik, MBBS
Dr Geyik, MBBS,
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 2659
Experience:  Expert
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr Geyik, MBBS is online now

I'm convinced I'm bipolar my doctor agrees but I have to

Customer Question

Hi I'm convinced I'm bipolar my doctor agrees but I have to wait to speak to a specialist before I can be diagnosed and prescribed the right medication. Is there a faster way I can speak to Someone about it? I'm struggling with the way I am feeling
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: I have been taking different antidepressants, which do not help. I've symptom I've read about bipolar is exactly how I feel, so I would love to try a mood stabiliser tablet instead. I'm currently taking mirtazapine 15mg. I've tried loads of different antidepressants but I do not think they are what I need
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I cannot think of anything, I have spoken to my doctor and have been referred but I just dont want to wait a long time. Like I said nearly every symptom I've read about bipolar is exactly how I feel. I feel like I need a different sort of medication
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Geyik, MBBS replied 11 days ago.

Hello. This is Dr Geyik and I will be assisting you today.

Unfortunately, the options are quite limited if you are going through NHS. NHS is quite overwhelmed at the moment and it can take some time for the referrals to be seen.

However, you can ask your GP to expedite your referral and they could see you earlier.

The other option is to go privately but you would have to pay for this.

If you are happy to see a private doctor, you can have a look at Nuffield Hospital which is a good private hospital and they have branches nationwide.

You can also have a look at the following telemedicine site as they do have various services: can issue prescriptions, Fit to Fly Health Certificate, Sick/Doctor’s Note, arrange private referrals, blood tests, face to face appointments, home visits, flu vaccinations, etc.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Ok thanks for your help, my GP did say the would refer me as urgent but I don't know how long the wait is. I have very limited funds as I've taken time off from my job. Thanks for your help
Expert:  Dr Geyik, MBBS replied 11 days ago.

You are most welcome and best wishes!