Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.
11269312

Feeling in my throat little pain, I feel a cough in my

Customer Question

Hello, feeling in my throat little pain, I feel a cough in my throat, about 10 days I have this feeling, a little cough, 2 moths ago, I start wearing dental prosthesis, I need to be worry, or still wait, thank you
JA: How long have you had the symptoms? Do you have a fever?
Customer: No fever, 10 days
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Yes
Expert:  Dr. P. Jyoti replied 5 days ago.

You dont need to worry about this. You may be having a mild throat infection.

You can take the following steps:

Hexidine gurgle: gurgle two to three times daily with hexidine

Warm soups and other fluids

Avoid cold items like ice cream, cold drinks

Use a neck wrap or muffler to keep the throat warm

Soft diet.

Tab. Motrin (OTC) 200 mg twice daily if pain is severe.
Another important home treatment is Menthol steam inhalation - add Menthol salts (available OTC) to a bowl of steaming water and inhale the steam two - three times daily - this will relieve the congestion.

Logenges: suck Vicks cough logenges or any hard sweets constantly, this will cause a constant flow of saliva and give you relief.

But if you get severe pain, or develop other symptoms like fever, you need to show your doctor, you may need antibiotics in that case.

Hope this resolves your query. If you need more help, just write back here so l can continue to assist. Stay safe!

Dr. P. Jyoti

Customer: replied 5 days ago.

Glad to help.

Wish you best of health and a quick recovery. I would like to know of your progress, please keep me informed on this thread if possible.

If you require help again, you can always come back to the JA site and ask your question. If you want me as your expert in the future, you can mark me as 'Favourite Expert' and use the “Ask me a new question” feature.