Dr Geyik, MBBS
Dr Geyik, MBBS,
Experience:  Expert
113018656

My baby didn’t urinate from last night, like before. In this

Hello. My baby didn’t urinate from last night, like before. In this morning, his pampers was just a bit wet. Last night before sleep, he drank about 90 ml of water and in this morning when he wake up, he drank 230 ml of milk. Did i need to worry or go to hospital ? Thank you !

Hello. This is Dr Geyik and I will be assisting you today.

Can I please ask your baby's age and if he has any medical conditions or takes medications? 

Does he have any signs of pain, fever, rash, vomiting, diarrhoea or constipation, cough, breathing issues, or other symptoms?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Hi. 7 months and a half

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
we was with him at hospital yesterday morning and they said he catch some virus and has bronchiolitis. We gave him these
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
At calpol we give him only half from his amount
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
He had fever(38) before we goes at hospital
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Now, little cough, mucus in his throat
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
his nose is stuffy
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
He breathe not really good when he’s sleeping

If he is generally well otherwise and is not drowsy or unwell, I don't think you need to do anything urgently now. You can monitor him for another few hours and see if he passes urine. Most children and adults pass urine once they drink more, so you should give him more fluids.

However, if he still doesn't pass any urine after 3-4 hours and he develops other new symptoms or becomes unwell, you do need to take him to hospital again or contact his doctor.

You can try above remedies for his breathing and also steaming (you can give him a warm bath) before bedtime and this can help him breathe and sleep better.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
He don’t want to drink water, just a few drops
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
We will try this

You should try to encourage more water, milk or even a bit of juice to see if he drinks any of these.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
We tried but he refuse
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
He drank only his milk(230 ml) in this moring at 9 o’clock

Actually that is reassuring that he drank this amount of milk. He can continue to drink milk if he wants to; and hopefully he will pass urine soon.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
we need to wait another few hours

Yes, you can wait a few hours to see if he passes urine. If he doesn't pass urine at all, you should contact his doctor or take him back to hospital for a check up.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Ok. Thank you !

You are most welcome.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Have a nice day !

You too have a great day!