Shahid Karim
Shahid Karim, Board Certified MD
Experience:  MBChB
111381268

I am extremely tired/feel sick/have sores in and on my nose

Customer Question

I am extremely tired/feel sick/have sores in and on my nose which keep filling with yuk and ache. It feels like I am full of infectin
JA: How long have you had the sores? Have you used any medication for it?
Customer: about 2 weeks and used alloe
JA: Got it. Have you seen a doctor about the sores?
Customer: No as they recommend I go to pharmacy first but I also have a bad lower bowel problem.
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I have recently been put on BP tablets and take sertraline. I have a wheat allergy? but have problems with all sorts of food. IBS?
Expert:  Dr Kay replied 6 days ago.
Expert:  Dr Kay replied 6 days ago.
Basically ,you are having nose infection?
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
what can I do about it please
Expert:  Dr Kay replied 6 days ago.

Can you share a pic please?

Expert:  Dr Kay replied 6 days ago.

Well nasal douches can help sometimes.

Expert:  Shahid Karim replied 5 days ago.

Good evening, thank you for getting in touch. 

It sounds like you may have developed a degree of sinusitis and nasal passage infection which can happen especially after a cold for example. It would definitely be worthwhile asking your GP to take a swab from the inside of your nose to send to the lab and for analysis of what grows. In the meantime I would advise buying something called a Neti Pot (you can get it from Boots), this is a device that helps you more effectively wash out the inside of the nose and also the sinuses and can help you clear any infection. Once the GP has taken the swabs, start using that and also ask your GP for a tube of Naseptin which is an antibiotic ointment to help clear any infection present.