Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  board certified internal medicine
19706630

My partner has parkinsons and has extreme anxiety, several

my partner has parkinsons and has extreme anxiety
JA: How long has your partner had anxiety? Have they used any medication for it?
Customer: several months but getting worse hastried anti anxiety drugs also has madopar for parkinsons which they said might help
JA: Got it. Have they seen a doctor about anxiety?
Customer: yes offered talk works therapy which he has tried in the past but felt it didnt work
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in their medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: history of depression and anxiety twenty plus years ago

Hi. I’m Dr. Mark. I’m a board certified physician and happy to assist you. Sorry to hear about your partner.  Has he or she been treated with medication for anxiety?

While I wait to hear back from you, I’ll give you general information.   There are many great classes of medications to great anxiety. Such as SSRIs, NSRIs and benzodiazepines.   Your partner’s doctor needs to prescribe medication to see which class works.

A psychologist would also be very helpful.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Thanks will contact gp

You’re welcome. Let me know if you need additional information