Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  board certified internal medicine
19706630

I ate a large quantity of dried figs, like six in one

Hello I ate a large quantity of dried figs, like six in one setting. I am 27, female, 55 kg. I read that eating a lot of things can actually cause damage to the intestines and the liver, do I have to be right now? I am referring to this source for example:“ Eating figs in excess may damage the intestines and liver. Regular intake of figs in large quantities along with its seeds can possibly cause bloating and upset stomach. This will in turn create pressure on intestines and liver.”Source: https://www.news18.com/news/lifestyle/excess-eating-of-figs-may-cause-health-problems-4605392.htmlAnd if there was any damage done, would show in any blood test or scan?
Hi. I’m Dr. Mark.  I’m a board certified physician and happy to assist you. Give me a few minutes to respond.

Figs are safe to eat.  No need to worry about 6 of them.  The fiber is good for the intestines.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Thats great thank you. So no other issues to be expected like an upset stomach? And can i sleep on my stomach or will it cause more irritation?
No worries with six figs.  It won’t upset your stomach.  Sleep as you normally do.

You’re welcome, btw.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Ok greatJust one more follow up question; can i continue to eat a few figs throughout the day, insteas of eating 6 at once? I just like them as a snack

Yes you can.