Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I think I may have pleurisy, No - pain in one area below my

Customer Question

I think I may have pleurisy
JA: What are all your symptoms? Have you talked to a doctor about pleurisy?
Customer: No - pain in one area below my right breast radiating to my right shoulder pain on breathing and occasional stabbing pain.
JA: Got it. Have you seen a doctor about pleurisy?
Customer: No only started yesterday
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: Under active thyroid
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 6 days ago.
Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 6 days ago.

Do you have nausea loss of appetite breathing issues congestion or cough?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
No nausea
Stabbing pain on breathing which can cause cough
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 6 days ago.

Yes, these can be symptoms of pleurisy and you should see a doctor for a thorough evaluation, including imaging to confirm the exact diagnosis. Meanwhile, taking ibuprofen 600mg thrice a day for a couple of days would help.

If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you. I will be happy to help you if you have any other questions in the future. Best wishes. Have a great day.