Shahid Karim
Shahid Karim, Board Certified MD
Experience:  MBChB
111381268

I have ADHD and I need to get my US prescription filled in

I have ADHD and I need to get my US prescription filled in the UK
JA: When were you prescribed this medication? How severe were any side effects?
Customer: About 2 years ago. I have had no side effects
JA: Got it. Have you seen a doctor about ADHD?
Customer: In the US I regularly see a psychiatrist
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No

Good evening, thank you for getting in touch.

I'm so sorry to hear that and agree that you need it as soon as possible. I'm really sorry to say we aren't permitted to prescribe from this service and I'd advise you to either visit your local walk in centre which doesn't need an appointment and they can give you a script or alternatively you could try one of the online services that is able to prescribe after a brief consultation such as pushdoctor.co.uk

I hope that helps somewhat and that you get the medication you need as soon as possible.

I really hope that was helpful and you feel better for it. Please do come back if you've other questions anytime and all the very best for the future.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Hey, thank you for your response! What do you mean by local walk in centre? I'm not registered with a GP here.Do you know if pushdoctor deals with ADHD treatments? I have been diagnosed in the US and just finished my PhD there, I just don't have a UK prescription.
pushdoctor should be able to help there. Walk in centres are clinics that don't need appointments and each city has one or two so you simply look for it on Google maps but I suspect you'd be better off with pushdoctor in terms of ease. Wishing you the best.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Should I choose the private option?
I believe that would be the one.