Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I had an injury on Saturday. A rock fell and sliced my toe

Hi, i had an injury on Saturday. A rock fell and sliced my toe open. I had to go to hospital and my toenail was removed. I was given antibiotics for 14 days ( I have had 8 out of the 14 tablets now). The antibiotic is called Ciprofloxacin. It has made me feel incredibly anxious and I’d like to stop taking it if my risk of infection is reduced now. I’m on holiday in Spain so it’s not easy to communicate with the doctor as I don’t speak any Spanish.
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: The antibiotic is called Ciprofloxacin the hospital prescribed it
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

How is yours now?

Is there any open wound yet, redness, pus ?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
The toe bed is still lightly bleeding and oozing clear liquid. I’m dressing it daily and bathing it in salt water every other day.
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
It’s not throbbing anymore and I’m taking paracetamol daily

I would say better to complete the course as blood and oozing fluid can lead to an infection that can be difficult to treat later.

If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you. I will be happy to help you if you have any other questions in the future. Best wishes. Have a great day.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Ok, thank you.

welcome.