Dr. Arun Phophalia
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS MS. Post doctoral fellowship in Sports Medicine. General surgeon and sports medicine specialist
5625079

HIV Enquiry So just over two weeks ago while at work I was

HIV EnquiryHi DoctorSo just over two weeks ago while at work I was moving some materials (concrete paving stones) when I came across one that had these two very dry red/orange blotches, without really giving it any thought I rubbed them off with my hand and continued on with my day.
My question is, if those patches where dried blood and I had an open cut on my hand I was unaware of at the time is that a possible route of transmission?
It’s also important to state that I work outside, this incident happened on a day when the weather was extremely hot and the blotches where extremely dry (potentially been there for quite some time)
I know this question probably seems rather strange but I started with a mild sore throat yesterday (no other symptoms) and then made the mistake of checking Google and all the answers are quiet contradictory.Thanks

Welcome to Just Answer.

Answers here are for education and information.

I will respond shortly with an answer or further information request.

Thanks for the question.

I am writing the answer for you and will get back to you in 3-5 minutes.

Unless you wish to speak in person, you can ignore the request for a phone call automatically generated by the website, not by me.

There is no chance of HIV transmission, even if it was dry blood and it was HIV infected (both of which are your assumptions, though and there are no evidences).

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thank you for taking the time to answer my question Doctor. You’ve helped ease my mind

Very welcome.