Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.
11269312

I recently had some piles and/or fissure. I found that

Hi I recently had some piles and/or fissure. I found that applying lube in and around my anus before going to the toilet helped a lot to pass the stool more easily. The piles have since cleared up, but I have noticed that if I put my (gloved) lubed finger about an inch into my anus there are these little bumps in there on the walls of my rectum. They are tiny, soft (can't feel them if I press on them), and have no pain or anything. Like little tiny nipples or something, but much smaller. Is this just normal anatomy? Or leftover skin tags from the piles? Something like that?
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Thanks doctor, first noticed them a few weeks ago I suppose, they haven't changed since then

You need not worry about this, these bumps are not pathological. They are the normal ridges of the anal mucosa which are present in everybody and are needed for the expansion of the anal mucosa during defecation. Dont worry about this, this is perfectly normal.

Hope this resolves your query. If you need more help, just write back here so l can continue to assist. Stay safe!

Dr. P. Jyoti

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Thankyou!

Glad to help.

Wish you best of health. Have a great day!

If you require help again, you can always come back to the JA site and ask your question. If you want me as your expert in the future, you can mark me as 'Favourite Expert' and use the “Ask me a new question” feature.